Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Brent holding a lock of Claire's hair while Claire points to where he cut.

Nile winning at Monopoly.  He has hotels on all of his properties.

This past Labor Day weekend, Scott and I decided to stay in town and get caught up at home.  On Friday night, Scott took Nile and his friend Ed to the skate party at the ice rink so Nile could break in his new ice skates.   They had a fun time.  On Saturday, we cleaned house a little bit and then we went to the pool for the whole afternoon.  It was so nice, we had the pool to ourselves for a couple of hours.   Sunday morning, I ran the nike plus human race 10K in an hour, which was a good time for me.   On Sunday evening, we played monopoly with the kids.  Nile was the big winner.  He had hotels on all of his properties and owned almost the whole board.  He picked us off one at a time.  He was quite the bargainer.  On Monday, we went on a family walk and took the kids to the playground.  Scott and I decided we need to clean out our closet so we were working on that and the kids were playing in the basement.  Half through cleaning, Claire comes up with a big chunk of hair and says Brent cut my hair.  I thought she was joking for a minute until I saw that he had really cut her hair.  We decided to put the cleaning on hold and eat lunch and head to the pool.  The kids needed to let out some energy.  It was quite the weekend.

4 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

good for you on running! you've inspired me to get back to it...i have been so tired after this baby so i've been taking a break.
it sounds like you've had a fun weekend.:)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! what a fun filled weekend. Your's sounded a lot better than Lou's. I'm worried about her and all her stress.

Carolyn, you are quite the runner and doing so good. You are looking so hot and I'm sure feeling as great as you look!

Love and hugs to you all,
Aunt Sue

Shannon said...

What a weekend! Cute blog layout too.

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe Brent cut Claire's hair! What a toad! Otherwise, it sounds like a weekend in heaven. I love nice relaxing weekends at home. Way to go, Nile for being such a monopoly champ!