Monday, September 15, 2008

Time Out

Kim, me, and my mom

Claire with her new haircut


My parents waiting in line for Gladys Knight


I went to St. Louis for Time Out for Women this past weekend with my friend Kim and my mom.  Our favorite speaker was Jason Wright.  I am excited to read his book Wednesay Letters. We were also able to go to see Gladys Knight perform with the Saints United Choir.  It was a great experience.  I wish we could have some Sunday meetings with her music.  It was fun to clap and dance with the audience.  There were people in the audience who would talk to the choir by saying, "You tell it sister" and "Amen" and lots of hand raising.  I had a nice break from my children.  I think I can be a better mom when I get little breaks every now and then.  Scott did a great job with the kids.  Nile had hockey try-outs this weekend for his new season.  Scott did that with all three of the kids.  He even took the kids to church by himself, which I think was a first with all three kids.  He said that they did good.  They made me signs on the door for when I came home Sunday night.  Here is a picture of Claire's new haircut.  I took her in to have it all evened out.  

4 comments:

kim said...

Awesome weekend. Thanks to the Griffiths family! And I love Claire's hair. I think a Time Out is recommended ATLEAST once a month. When are we going again??? kim

daherfamily said...

cute haircut claire! it was fun seeing you guys, and my drew and phia loved kim.

The Henrich Family said...

fun for you Carolyn--glad to see you had a great girls weekend. Way to go Scott--you da man. Your kids are blessed to have you as their father. I love you and am so proud of all that you do.

Jennifer said...

Oh yes, we are certainly better mothers when we get some time w/o the little kiddos! Glad you guys had so much fun! Claire is looking so grown up and beautiful!