Saturday, August 16, 2008

First Day of School

Claire started her first day of kindergarten on Friday.  She had a great day.  She is making new friends enjoying being in kindergarten.


Nile had his first day of third grade on Thursday.  He had a great day.  He has lots of friends in his class and his teacher is nice.  So for the kids first day of school, I thought I would make them a special cake.  So I started making the cake and I was using some pumpkin to make the cake healthier and I sliced my thumb on the can.  Blood was gushing every where.  I was a little freaked out.  My friend Kim came over and took Brent to her house and I drove myself over to the Urgent Care center where I received three stitches.  I was in out of the Urgent Care center in record time, 45 minutes.  I drove home and picked up the kids from Kim's house and then finished making the cake. 


3 comments:

The Henrich Family said...

good grief Carolyn...Hope you are okay, and that the cake was worth it! Cute pics of the kiddos.

Anonymous said...

What a girl you are and don't forget to but these adorable kidos on the family blog so they will be in the big book.

I sure hope you are OK and that is amazing that you got out of the Urgent Care so fast! i bet the cake was yummy!!!

The guys in NH don't start school till after Labor Day so we have more vacation time. We have been having such a great time and will be sad when they move on the 29!!! They are excited to get their new home...it is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hugs to you all,
Aunt Sue

daherfamily said...

you had a traumatic first day of school. it looks like the kids are having fun and doing good.