Monday, March 31, 2008

Olathe 5K and Easter





Last Saturday, some of my friends from the ward ran in the Olathe 5K race.  I improved my time from last year by 5 minutes.  It was a cold day, I was just glad there was no rain.  Here are some pictures from Easter.  We went to St. Louis to visit our families the week before Easter because it was the kids spring break.   It snowed on Easter in St. Louis so we didn't get any outdoor photos.  It was the first time that I can remember it ever snowing on Easter Day.  We tried to take the kids to the arch but the day we went they sold out of tickets while we were in line.  We did make it to the art museum and the zoo.  The kids enjoyed spending time with all the family.  Nile had the Pine Wood Derby for his school troop last week. He wasn't very fast but it was a good looking car.  He won the judge's favorite award.  He has enjoyed being in scouts with his school and church friends.  

3 comments:

The Henrich Family said...

Way to go Carolyn!!!! I'm impressed. It's always a good feeling to improve on your time. Nile-super cool car. Glad you had a fun derby.

Jennifer said...

Yes, that is most certainly a good looking car! Good paint job, Nile! Too bad it snowed on Easter! That's got to break some rule somewhere, I'm sure! Congrats on beating your time--I'm just impressed with ANYONE who participates in these things. I'm not a runner! Good job!

Carrie Anne said...

Way to go on the 5K! I love those kinds of races! I'm sure we were in St. Louis the same time...could you believe all that flooding and snow? Ugh! Holy cow! Fun times!