Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Garth Brooks Concert in KC

Scott and I went to the Garth Brooks concert last night in Kansas City. It was his first concert in nine years. We had a great time. The concert started with Trisha. She sang for about a half hour. Then Garth set the stage for his performance and sang for over 2 hours with 2 encores. He went through 20 of his hits and his new song. We had so much fun. Garth is a great entertainer. At the second encore, he came out with his guitar and sang some songs from his idols. He sang some James Taylor and he ended with Don McLean's "American Pie." The friends I went with could not believe that Scott and I knew all the words. I told them it was my family's Christmas Carol that we sing it almost every year at Christmas time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound like a great night and yes the Farmer family love American Pie!!! No accounting for taste.

Love Aunt Sue

Bree D. said...

What a fun night for you guys! I have heard that Garth puts on a great show.

Katie said...

LUCKY!! We wanted tickets, but unfortunately it didn't work out..oh well! I am glad that you guys had such a great time!

lmhiserman said...

That sounded like an awesome night. I would love to see him in concert. I'm jealous! Can't wait to sing a little "American Pie" this Christmas.

Michelle said...

Wow....I love Garth Brooks! I am so jealous that you guys got to see him.....and Trisha. I am glad that you guys had fun! I love American Pie....we might have to sing it together sometime(i can't sing though).

Sheri said...

I'm so jealous! Garth and Trisha to boot...that just not fair.
I'm with Lisa, singing a round of "American Pie" is definitely in order this Christmas!