Tuesday, November 10, 2009

KC Half Marathon




So I finished the half marathon while having the flu. My parents came in town for the weekend to watch Nile play hockey and football and see me finish my race. On Friday night, we went to Nile's hockey game and they won, it was a pretty exciting game. While we were at the ice rink, Claire started not feeling well. We got home and realized she had a fever. I started having a cough but thought I was fine. So I started the race with my running partners and I was doing fine until mile 2 and then it hit me, I was not feeling well. I didn't know how to quit the race so I ended up finished the half marathon while I was sick. I came home and crashed. It took me a good couple of weeks to completely recover. I am feeling lots better now and even thinking about running a half marathon in a couple of weeks just to make myself feel better that I can do it in better time.

2 comments:

The Henrich Family said...

another one so soon...WOW! Good luck Carolyn, so proud of you. If I ever get my mileage up, perhaps I can come join you for a race in the spring? That would be fun.

Shannon said...

Wow Carolyn! Good job, you're awesome.