Saturday, October 6, 2007

A Visit to the ER


Yesterday, I was busy getting ready for Scott's parent's to come in town by cleaning my house. I received a phone call from the school saying that I needed to come and get Nile right away, he had cut his had and the nurse thought he needed stitches. So as soon as I was off the phone, I told Scott to come upstairs(he works from home in the basement when he is not traveling) and get ready because we had to pick Nile up from school and take him to get stitches. Nile had been cutting a word search out and cut his left index finger. He cut a horseshoe shape at the tip of his finger. The nurse could not get it to stop bleeding. We took him to the Children's Hospital ER and he received two stitches. He has to wear a metal thing on his finger and keep it taped up for a few days. This meant no hockey or flag football this weekend. We tried to talk the doctor into letting him play hockey and she didn't think that was a good idea. His stitches will be in until next Friday. He is hoping that he will be able to play flag football by next weekend. He is such an active kid it is going to be a rough few days. He has already tried to play catch with Brent. After spending a couple of hours at the hosptial, Scott and I were able to come home and clean the house for his parents.

2 comments:

lmhiserman said...

I hope Nile feels better. I'm sure a couple of stitches won't slow him down. He is looking more and more like Johnny everytime I see him. He is just too cute.

Lucrecia said...

That's brutal! No football or hockey. Poor kid!