Monday, April 6, 2009

My Latest Projects


When my sister-in-law Jill came to town in February, she had made this really cute bag. She has posted directions on her blog www.homemadebyjill.blogspot.com.  She is our little Martha Stewart, in fact, she used to work for her.  So I went and bought all the materials and made one myself.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  

I also ran in the 5K this past weekend with a couple of my running buddies.  We all did good.  I did it in 30 minutes 36seconds.  I improved my time from last year by 4 minutes.  We are getting ready to run a 10K in May and then maybe a half marathon in October.  We will see.

9 comments:

The Henrich Family said...

great job! Totally cute! Congrats again on your race and beating last year's time.

homemade by jill said...

ooh, I LOVE it. I love it more than mine, in fact. :)

Great job on your race!

Lucrecia said...

Darling bag! You probably get a lot of compliments on it when you're at the store. And congrats on the 5K! That's awesome!:)

Bree D. said...

I LOVE the bag- so cute, I am very impressed! Great job on the 5K, it always feels good to improve on our times doesn't it!!

Leigh said...

Very envious of both, the running and the bag. I am completely incapable of both. The bag is darling. We miss you guys!

lmhiserman said...

Okay, I totally want a bag. Why don't you whip one up for me? thanks. And, way to go on the 5k. I'm so jealous. I'm walking 3 miles every morning, but I haven't converted to running. I don't know if I have it in me.
Love ya!
Lisa

Carrie Anne said...

super cool bag! you can totally do a 1/2!!! i did a 1/2 19 weeks pregnant so you totally can do it! i just run slow so it's enjoyable still. next weekend i'm running my first 26.2...i wish we could run together-it'd be so fun.

becca said...

That bag is so cute! I didn't know you sewed. Remember our sewing classes? Yeah, I do not sew. But that bag is so great...makes me think I could take it up!

Shannon said...

This is such a cute bag Carolyn. I can't believe you shaved off 4 minutes... amazing! I should come next year and Kim too and we could all run the race together again!!