Friday, October 17, 2008

Nicholas Sparks Book Signing


Carolyn and Nicholas Sparks

      Me, Shannon, and Kim

My friend Kim talked me in to going to the Nicholas Sparks book signing for his new book "The Lucky One."  I haven't had time to start it yet.  It was a fun night.  We got there in time to get our picture taken with Nicholas and then he talked for awhile about himself and his life and then we got our book signed.  We went out to the Cheesecake Factory afterwards and enjoyed a bite of cheesecake.  It was a sad night because it was our last girl's night out with Kim.  She has moved on to Texas. I am sad because she has been my running partner, friend, and babysitter(we would switch off babysitting during the day).  I will really miss her but we can still keep in touch with the phone.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, I am so jealous because I love all of the Nicholas Sparks books. I have read them all and I can't wait to get this new one. You were so lucky to meet this great author. He has had such an interesting life and is a wonderful husband and father.

Carolyn, you look fabulous! I have to have your mother give me a major mind adjustment because this summer was so hard on my eating program. I have to get back on track.

Love and hugs,
aunt Sue

Leigh said...

Lucky girls! I've never seen what he looks like - he's surprisingly younger than I thought. Looks like you hang with a fun group of girls!!