Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fourth of July






I finished my fourth of July quilt (before the holiday).  Here is a picture.  It is the biggest quilt I have ever made on my own.  My friend Amanda designed but then I put it all together.  We did it as an enrichment project.  

On Fourth of July we went to St. Louis.  We started the day at the ward flag raising and pancake breakfast with my dad.  Here is a picture of my dad and the grandkids.  Then we took the kids to Grant's Farm where Scott, Brent, Claire, and Andrew were all attacked by the goats while they were feeding them the milk bottles.  Scott and Nile went golfing with all of Scott's brothers and dad.  Then Scott, Nile, Craig, and Ann went to the Cardinals game that night.  It was a fun filled day.

On Saturday, Scott and I went to the temple and got to one of my best friends from college Kristen.   It was so good to see her and her family.  The kids went swimming with Grandma Maddox.   Here a few pictures from Sunday.  Claire cried when it was time to say good bye to nana she had a fun week staying with her.

8 comments:

The Henrich Family said...

AWESOME quilt Caroyln! Way to go, I love it! You did a great job.

kim said...

Wow!! Great job finishing your quilt. It might be a few years before I finish mine.

Boos Mom said...

Hi Carolyn, I wish we could have been there in St Louis to enjoy all of fun you had on the 4th!! The quilt is very impressive. I got the box in the mail yesterday and am waiting for a bit longer so it is a more reasonable time to call you!

Anonymous said...

Carolyn,
Post this on the family blog because you want the quilt,which is wonderful, in the book and the family pic of your family is Christmas card worthy. You are one gorgeous family.

Your 4th looked almost as fun as ours. I just love that holiday. Thank Scott again for helping grandma and grandpa with the family blog.

Hugs,
aunt Sue

Shannon said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Good job. Glad you guys had a fun fourth.

Bree D. said...

Your quilt is just beautiful, that is something that I have never done, but should try! I just finished commenting on Emily's blog that I love that picture of Uncle Nile with all his grand kids around him, so very cute!!! Glad you had a great holiday.

Floyd Family said...

Great job on the quilt! It looks so good. Do you want to come help me finish mine?

Carrie Anne said...

wow quilter girl! it turned out awesome! what a fun 4th-it always is in st. louis.:)